Pfizer Stock Price 2020 – All about Pfizer a corona Virus Vaccine
New York based drug giant Pfizer and German company BioNTech has been developed a vaccine and they claim that their drug is 90% percent effective against the coronavirus (Covid-19).
EU Commission soon will sign a contract with Pfizer and german company BioNTECH for up to 300 million doses. Recently UK approves issued a temporary authorization for emergency use of our COVID19 vaccine with BioNTech Group in the United Kingdom. This marks the first authorization of a vaccine to help fight the pandemic following a worldwide trial.
Pfizer said it would immediately begin shipping limited supplies to the UK and has been gearing up for even wider distribution if given a similar nod by the US Food and Drug Administration, a decision expected as early as next week.
Pfizer Stock Price 2020
Pfizer and BioNTech have set the initial price at $19.50 a dose, which comes to $39 per patient which is pretty reasonable. According to Bruce Y. Lee, professor at the City University of New York if “What stands out with the Covid-19 vaccine is that even at really, really high prices, it’s still net positive value.”
Others Coronavirus Vaccines Cost:
- Johnson & Johnson’s two-dose vaccine will cost $10.
- AstraZeneca’s two-dose vaccine could cost $3 to $4.
- Novavax’s two-dose vaccine could cost $16.
US Federal Government has approved billions of dollars for the development of coronavirus vaccine. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will now estimate the clinical trial data, and if all goes to plan, they will grant emergency use authorization (EUA) in mid-December.
- Moderna received nearly $1 billion for its COVID-19 vaccine development and an additional $1.5 billion for 100 million doses.
- Pfizer and BioNTECH received $1.95 billion for 100 million doses.
- Johnson & Johnson received $1 billion for 100 million doses.
- Novavax will get $1.6 billion for 100 million doses and research and development.