The National University of Modern Languages (Initials: NUML) is a public university located in Islamabad, Pakistan. In addition, the university has seven regional campuses in all the four provinces of Pakistan.
Established in 1970 as an institute in a view to help the society to communicate and understand each other in different oriental and occidental languages as well as assimilating different cultures and to act as springboard for emerging disciplines. The university is known for its extensive research in scientific advancements of the languages, grammar and linguistics. The university offers undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral programmes in languages, linguistics, social sciences, communications, management sciences and computer sciences. It is one of the largest university in the country and currently secured its top ranking in “general category” by the Higher Education Commission (Pakistan).
In addition, the university is also an active member of the
NUML Board of Governors (BoG)[edit source]
BoG is the highest governing body of the university. Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) is the Chairman of the BoG and the Inspector General of Training and Evaluation (IGT&E), General Headquarters, acts as the nominee of the COAS.
The following are BoG members:
- Director General Human Resource Development Directorate
- Nominee of Chief Justice of Pakistan
- Director General Joint Staff Headquarters
- Rector NUML
- Secretary Ministry of Defence or his nominee not below the rank of Joint Secretary
- Secretary Ministry of Education or his nominee not below the rank of Joint Secretary
- Secretary Ministry of Finance or his nominee not below the rank of Joint Secretary
- Secretary Ministry of Foreign Affairs or his nominee not below the rank of Joint Secretary
- Chairman Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- Director General NUML
- Senior Dean or Professor of the University
- One or two members from private sector with established credentials useful for the University to be nominated by the Board
- Registrar/ Director Administration shall be member and secretary of the Board but not entitled to vote